Thanks for your interest in volunteering! Give back to the community by supporting recreational events, get involved and meet friends, or support a friend who is racing. Volunteers receive a race shirt, stainless steel pint, headwear/buff and $15 off a future race along with a pizza dinner after the race.
Volunteers can help for the entire race or in shifts. Likely shift times:
- Same day set-up (6 am start)
- Same day check-in (7 am start)
- Sandboard Monitor (some dune climbing, time TBD)
- Paddleboard Monitor (10 am – 6 pm)
- Bike Corral Monitors (times vary, 3 locations)
- Bike transportation drivers (11 am – 3 pm)
- Scoring, food server and clean-up (4-8 pm)
We encourage volunteers to make a weekend of it as the Silver Lake area has great paddling, biking and hiking along with more touristy activities like the Mac Woods dune rides, lighthouse tours, go karts, etc..