- Stand-up paddleboard, paddle, PFD (we will offer a $25 race credit for your next race if you provide your own board for any racer to use; contact us)
- Sandboard (sit or stand)
Required Per Person
- Bicycle. Standard mountain, cyclocross, or hybrid bike, 2″ or 40c+ tires recommended. Road bikes allowed but not at all recommended due to dirt two-tracks and some sand. Tandems allowed but no prizes awarded.
- Bike helmet
- Emergency/space/mylar blanket – full size, metallic style, $3 each at Meijer, outdoor/camping store or online. Buy early, local supplies often run out.
- Water-resistant jacket. We may drop this from the required list depending on weather.
Required Per Team (including solos)
- Mobile phone, fully charged, powered off and sealed in waterproof or double-ziplocked bag
- Compass, must be base plate or sighting type
- Waterproof protection for maps (zip lock bag, map case, and/or contact paper)
- 4 x 25 mg Benadryl/ diphenhydramine (epi-pen if prescribed)
- 4 feet of compression bandage
- Hydration pack or water bottles, filled
- Water filter/LifeStraw or iodine tablets
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Synthetic, wicking t-shirt
- First aid kit (gauze pads, band-aids, medical tape, etc.)
- $5-10 cash for emergency purchases
- Trail running shoes
- Outdoor/athletic socks
- Food (energy gel, bars, etc.)
- Spare tires
- Tire pump and/or CO2 cartridges
- Chain repair tool
- Tire levers
- Allen key set
- Bug spray
- Zip ties, duct tape
- Bike shorts
- Bike gloves
- Bike computer (non-GPS)
We recommend Gazelle Sports, Bill & Paul’s Sporthaus, and West Michigan Bike & Fitness for the items above. Not every store has every product so call ahead if you aren’t sure. They sponsor many of our races so please thank them when you stop in.
Bill & Paul’s is offering a 10% discount up until the day of the race on the following with proof of registration: hydration products, trail footwear and socks, compasses/navigation tools, fitness watches (except Freestyle or Timex), headlights, nutrition, and paddlesport clothing.
- GPS that allows you to determine your location on a map is not allowed. A GPS watch is ok, but only to check your route after the race
- Motorized anything
- See the Rules page for additional details.