Resources for Putting on Your Own Clinic
- Presentation Template (includes slides on adventure racing basics)
- Consider asking racers what they want help with and add topics such as gear choices, mountain bike and paddling tips, nutrition, team dynamics
- Creating a practice topographic map with pre-plotted checkpoints (see example above)
- Media Tips & Template to promote clinic
- Registration, communication: Facebook Event page works really well or similar online event sign-up site
- Selecting a venue: a public area such as city or county park with defined terrain (hilltops, reentrants/gullies, spurs, etc.) is ideal but any area will work for basic taking a bearing practice. Indoor clinics are also ok when outdoor venue is not available
- Permissions, legal: make sure you get permission from the landowner. Ask them if they require that you have a waiver for participants to sign. Chat with a local legal resource as well.