The ArtPrize Edition – October 8, 2016
Part bike race, part running race and part Amazing Race, the ArtPrize Edition weaves its way through the largest public art competition in the world. Teams will head out from Ah-Nab-Awen Park on bike and on foot to find checkpoints pre-marked on a map. They’ll encounter Amazing Race-like challenges, many involving some aspect of art and ArtPrize, in popular downtown exhibits and beautiful green spaces beyond. No race like it on Earth.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016
- Start: Ah-Nab-Awen Park, Grand Rapids
- Length: Four-hour time limit
- Divisions: two-person co-eds, females, males
- Includes: shirt, raffle and top prizes, pizza & fruit lunch, free navigation clinic
The Winter Edition – January 28, 2017
Join us for the largest winter adventure race in the U.S. Experience trail and off-trail running (likely 4-6 miles depending on how many checkpoints you get), Amazing Race-style challenges, orienteering (beginner to intermediate), snowshoeing and fatbiking. Snowshoes and fatbikes will be provided but you may bring your own. Great motivation to keep your healthy lifestyle going all winter long!
- Date: Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017
- Start: Camp Roger, Rockford
- Length: up to three hours
- Divisions: 2-person co-ed, females or males
- Includes: hooded sweatshirt, raffle and top prizes, pizza, chili