The Sleeping Bear Edition – September 17, 2016
An amazing race in the most amazing place. Experience the grandeur of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Explore Lake Michigan, historic barns, deep forests and beautiful inland lakes on foot, bike and canoe/kayak. Five or ten hours. The 5-hour race includes Amazing Race-like challenges; the 10-hour does not.
- Date: Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Start: Leelanau School, Glen Arbor
- Length: Five- or ten-hour time limit
- Divisions: one-, two- and three-person teams; co-ed, females and males
- Includes: shirt, raffle & top prizes, full pasta dinner, navigation clinic
The ArtPrize Edition – October 8, 2016
Part bike race, part running race and part Amazing Race, the ArtPrize Edition weaves its way through the largest public art competition in the world. Teams will head out from Ah-Nab-Awen Park on bike and on foot to find checkpoints pre-marked on a map. They’ll encounter Amazing Race-like challenges, many involving some aspect of art and ArtPrize, in popular downtown exhibits and beautiful green spaces beyond. No race like it on Earth.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016
- Start: Ah-Nab-Awen Park, Grand Rapids
- Length: Four-hour time limit
- Divisions: two-person co-eds, females, males
- Includes: shirt, raffle and top prizes, pizza & fruit lunch, free navigation clinic