The ArtPrize Edition - September 27
Part bike race, part running race and part Amazing Race, the ArtPrize Edition is to our knowledge the only sporting event that incorporates a world-class art festival. Two-person teams will bike or run to checkpoints pre-marked on a map, collecting as many points as they can within four hours. They’ll encounter Amazing Race-like challenges, many involving some aspect of art and ArtPrize, in popular downtown exhibits as well as out-of-the-way venues.
Watch this video to see how it works.
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014, 9:00 am
- Start: Ah-Nab-Awen Park, Grand Rapids, MI
- Length: up to four hours
- Divisions: two-person
- Includes: tech shirt, chance at $1000s of prizes, pizza lunch
The Winter Edition - February 7, 2015
The Michigan Adventure Race: Winter Edition is likely the largest winter adventure race in the nation. Over 300 crazies in two-person teams will trek, orienteering, fatbike and snowshoe their way through an entirely new course in and around Camp Roger in Rockford. They’ll face Amazing Race challenges along the way that will test them mentally and physically. Fatbikes and snowshoes provided if we offer those challenges.
Registration to open by September 2014.
- Date: Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Start: Camp Roger, Rockford, MI
- Length: up to three hours
- Divisions: two-person or (new) solo
- Includes: tech shirt, cash and gear prizes, pizza lunch